Friday, September 23, 2005

Quadremesters

I had dinner with an old friend last night. (I will get to how long I have known him as part of my story further on.) We had cuban, he had beers, and i had two cokes and then had to pee the rest of the night.

He is a year older than i am (34, i guess?) and is still single and i thoroughly enjoy hearing about his bachelor lifestyle. He asks if I can keep a secret, and confides in me that he is dating a 25 year old. My reply: "Well, you are pretty immature, so that seems like a good age difference." She called during the course of dinner and he asked if I would like to go with him after our dinner to meet the new girl and a friend of hers. I agreed.

We went to some trendy, overpriced bar in Buckhead, and I ordered a glass of wine (sweet, sweet nectar of the Gods!!!) and chatted until they arrived. I also enjoyed the experience of the nine-months pregnant woman sitting at the bar. Always entertaining. . . .

The girls arrived a few minutes later, and as they approach, the friend of the girlfriend exclaims, "Oh, you ARE pregnant! Good, you can answer something for us!"

"Okay," I say.

"How many trimesters are there in a pregnancy?"

No, I am not kidding. I keep a straight face, and say, "There are three trimesters in a pregnancy."

"I knew it!!," she says triumphantly to the girlfriend.

The girlfriend ponders this for a moment and then a look of realization dawns on her face. She turns to me and says:

"So, it's kind of like 'quarters.'

Um, yeah. Kinda.

"So, how long have y'all known each other?" she says?

I turn to him: "Well, Ev, when did you move to the old neighborhood?"

"I was like, 12, so . . . 1982?" he replies.

"Oh, My God!!! I was born in 1980!"

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger StephB said...

Not to be snarky, but it sounds like in addition to being young, these nice ladies are also a little challenged. . .

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tales Backed By Web, Comics
Richard Kelly, writer and director of the upcoming SF apocalyptic film Southland Tales , told SCI FI Wire that the movie is supported by Web sites and a series of graphic novels that will flesh out the movie's ...
My affiliate site: free email web site

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter