Friday, January 05, 2007

You Think You've Seen Some Shit?

My grandfather turns 91 today. You ain't seen nothin'. He's seen four wars (not including these two latest ones), the holocaust, the coming of electricity, running water, automobiles, the telephone, the radio, and television. I'm pretty sure he thinks the way a mouse operates is simply magic.

I wrote a really long post about him for his 90th last year. My mom thought it was cool. Yes, my mom reads my blog; Frightening, no? Just what you want your mama to read: This, or this, or this. She printed the post out and showed it to him. He read it, smiled, and was quiet for a few seconds, then said, "I guess she'll just put the death dates on later." He is a funny guy. Happy birthday, Pop! I love you!
That's us together in Christmas of '77: From left - Dad, Me, Grandma Smith, Pop, Lisa, and Grandma Palmer.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God...I finally see it! You look like Rollie in this pic!!!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

yeah, the resemblances in some of the family pics are scary. You should see some of the ones of me and mom.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've never seen that pic before! Where did you get that?

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Mom and dad love me more so they gave me a lot of things that you never got.

That is the diet talking. I'm meaner than a rattlesnake with this hunger. GRRRR.

Mom had it - it is up on Flickr with the others.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Big Mama said...

The title alone was worth the visit and then the picture made it that much better.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger OhTheJoys said...

My Granny reads mine and I'm always talking about *ss pimples, farts and getting busy... oops.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Boy, Joy, why don't you come on in and trash up my blog with your ass pimple comments, already.

Just kidding - glad you stopped by!

Big mama - I am glad that you appreciated it - gotta get over and check yours out. Hope y'all had a great Christmas.du

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mm

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah my mom reads my blog too. trying to figure out why i ever gave her the url....

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter