Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm Back!

For reals. It is crazy how much moving entails when you have kids. School changes, freakouts over missing stuffed animals, ten minute tasks taking forty minutes because you can't find a damn pair of scissors anywhere, and near-death experiences for husbands who forget to keep the coffee maker off the moving truck when leaving the old house. All of this running on no sleep, paint fumes, and takeout.

We are in, though, the kids are back in school, and i have the essentials: My mattress. My internet. My DVR (Bret Michaels, how I missed you.) Anyway, I am back now, and feel like I have tons to write about (leaving the hood, living at the lake, being a temporarily mostly single Mom minus the hot sex with near strangers, and moving to the burbs. I am a little sad about leaving my old life, a lot excited about my new community, and really, really tired.

I am back to blogging on Metroblogging Atlanta, too, which I have missed. While I was gone, they went and revamped the whole site and it looks pretty darn cool. I wrote a post about why we left the city there this a.m. And as always, you can find links to my latest Metblogs posts over on the right side of Dogwood Girl.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Kristin Kong said...

Glad you are back and getting settled! Sounds like a nightmare this moving thing. Ugh!!! You are so cracking me up about Bret Michaels. However I watched Rock of Love part deux last night and I could not turn it off. Sometimes so bad is so good.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Moving with kids = not very fun. Less beer, more distractions, more tantrums.

Don't hate on Bret! I think I might be falling in love with him! I think he might be the right man for me. I think I might be his Rock of Love.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter