Saturday, November 01, 2008

I'm Doing It

This year, I'm doing NaNoWriMo for the first time. It's a pretty cool idea, actually, and I know a few people who have done it in the past. The goal is to write 50,000 words during the month of November. It doesn't have to be good, or edited, or have a plot, but the goal is to crank out quantity. This, of course, scares me, but i am doing it anyway, because let's be honest, I need a new hobby after the demoralizing ass-whupping the Dawgs took yesterday. So, you'll be able to see my updated word count while I am writing during the month (just look for the nifty NaNoWriMo widget), and I will give updates on my progress throughout the month. This also means that I will probably not be writing lengthy Dogwood Girl posts this month, although I feel that this could be a momentous month politically, and that might just have to be blogged about. We'll see how I feel come Wednesday morning.

Let's see if this thing is working. (I haven't uploaded any words yet to the NaNoWriMo site, but just trying to see if the thing is working.)



Oh, one other thing about NaNoWriMo: At first, I thought, well, this is going to result in a hot mess of crappy writing all over the world: What a crappy idea. Then I read that one of the novels that resulted from NaNoWriMo in the past was Sara Gruen's amazing Water for Elephants. That pretty much blows my mind.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Thanks, Lyle.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter