Tuesday, October 04, 2005

40 Weeks, 2 Days

I had my 40-week appointment this morning. Pee and BP normal, weight down two pounds. They did an NST. Baby showed the right amount of hr acceleration, despite the fact that I didn't feel her much during the test. No contractions on the readout (surprise, surprise.)

Amy, the midwife, checked me. Know how much I progressed? NONE. She said I was "exactly the same." She asked what happened with my first pg (shouldn't we ALL know this by now??? I went over 8 days and then was induced for low amniotic fluid.) She said that it was really common to go over again if I went that far over last time and had to be induced. That there are women who are just on the outside of the "gestation curve."

Um, why don't you people just fucking say that when I hit 37 weeks, tell me to not get my hopes up, and that i will probably go over, and then if I don't I will be pleasantly surprised??? I appreciated her honesty, and her attempts to make me not feel like my body is totally defective.

Anyway, I go back on Thursday, and she said we would talk then about how things are going. If I had to hazard a guess, I would bet that as long as everything is okay on Thursday, they will let me go the weekend, and see me again on Monday (and probably induce) if I haven't gone into labor yet. Interestingly, that would again put me 8 days out from my due date when I am induced.

[big huge sigh straight from the gut]

Off to change the answering machine message to "Fuck off and stop calling here."

2 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger StephB said...

Sorry about the calling. When Camille said that you didn't answer the phone and you weren't online, we thought it was time.

Steph

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Mike Maier said...

You POOR thing. We are thinking about you right now. She will be here before you know it-- not that that knowledge helps right now AT ALL. I think the information about effacement and dilation can be so misleading. It really does not indicate a lot, until you are totally dilated and effaced, and by then you KNOW what is going on anyway. Mike and I said next time we will not even recognize the 'due date' as such. I think we will keep it as vague as possible, like "we're due in late September/ early October". It is TOO disappointing otherwise.
SO HANG IN THERE!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter