Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Punk King

Bet you thought this was a really hip, insightful post about music. Not even close.

I love it when Rollie mispronounces words and they come out sounding like totally different words or phrases altogether. My current favorite: "punk king" for "pumpkin." In a similar vein, I also like "chick king" for "chicken." The francaise-sounding "chat" for "cat." The cowboy-influenced "doagie" for "doggie." And then there are what I call the "F" mispronunciations: "Pog" for "frog." "Peet" for "feet." "Pood" for "food." "Pall" for "fall." You get the picture.

But by far my favorite is pumpkin mispronounced. I love to drive my (bitchin') van and hear Rollie repeating "punk king, punk king" as I drive by houses with pumpkins still out front. I am going to miss that next year. Or maybe, if I'm very lucky, Matilda will mispronounce "pumpkin" as "punk queen."

Anything is possible.

2 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger StephB said...

Annika said "fork" - pronounced "fuk". : )

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Nothing Annika says will ever compare with the shining glory of "Come on, Dumbass!" That still cracks me up.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter