Monday, January 15, 2007

Danger!

I come from some wild women. . .

1870motherDanger

This was in my mom's family photos. The photo says "Mother 1870," but that seems a little early for this one, especially since the sign says something about auto insurance. Would love to be able to research the clothing to date it more accurately. We are also not sure who "Mother" is (she is the one third from the right), but have it narrowed down to one of the following:
  • My Grandmother Vivian's mother, Ida Stevens Dunstan
  • My mother's Aunt Zelma's mother who, do to an out-of-wedlock pregnancy and adoption, could have referred to her birth mother, who was my grandmother's mother (Ida)
  • Ida's sister, Beulah, who adopted and raised Zelma.
Confused yet? Anyway, I love the picture and think it is just the coolest thing ever. They look like trouble. I think they are holding instruments, too. Nice twist.

This is my mom (right), with her best friend Judy in Daytona Beach.

Virginia and Judy Sitting On Johnny Dunstan's Car, Daytona Beach, 1960

Then there's Grandma and Aunt Dot. My cousin remarked that he thought this picture was staged. I don't think so. This is what family gatherings in my childhood looked like. Seriously.

1977_78ColchesterVT

I'll leave the wild woman pictures of myself for Matilda to blog. Plus, I ain't finished. Grandma and Aunt Dot were still doin' it in their 80's. I'm not even 35 yet.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger StephB said...

I LOVE these photos. Seems like our Grammies all have some tales to tell!

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love em - best generation in my book.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter