Saturday, November 10, 2007

What 1 A.M. Looks Like

I had forgotten. This is what it looks like when Todd and I plan to go directly home after his Loud Music and Beers Book Club at the Flatiron, but then we decide to have one more beer at the Glenwood while waiting for our cab. We run into friends from college and old coworkers. Suicidal Tendencies on the jukebox. It gets a little messy. Good times had by all.

Of course, I am not feeling so awesome right now, and Todd is already War Eagling me, and I am choking down my first cup of coffee and we have to drive to Athens. There are big things on the line here, folks, both in the big football picture for the Dawgs, but also on the home front. We're talking bragging rights for a year, which is a very long time when you are on the losing team. And there's a little punishment in the works for the loser this year, but more on that after we see the outcome this evening.

Go Dawgs!!!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Nat said...

Is that Yvonne?

I thought of you this weekend when I passed a TV with the game on and heard that Auburn was getting dawg whooped. Figured you were having a very good weekend.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Yep, Yvonne. She lives in my hood, but I don't hang with her much, as she is unmarried and childless. We had much fun Friday night.

And yes, It was a GREAT weekend.

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue hawaii, baby. Blue hawaii. Liquor cabinet.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger StephB said...

Let me just say that this picture could so easily have been taken 15 years ago. It took me a minute to figure out it was current. : )

Very beautiful of you both. Glad the weekend was fun! Go dogs!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Thanks, Steph! That was nice. Let me tell ya, though - I felt much worse on Sat. than i did after a night of drinking with Yvonne in Athens fifteen years ago. At least until the dawgs starting kickin' tiger ass. Then I felt better.

That's a lie. Felt better as soon as i had a little hair of the dog at the Globe.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Hi ya doin girl? I haven't seen Yvonne in forever! We were at a tailgate party at the old Omalleys down by the river. It was bad ass man! You didn't leave Yvonne under the table again did ya? ;-)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Zach - sorry I didn't call while we were there. Woulda been fun to have a beer or two. Will call next time.

Yes, Yvonne stayed above table.

Call if you are in the Atl and we'll meet up, okay?

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter