Monday, September 29, 2008

Don't Go in the Marsh!

I think i've written about my love for the blog written by the fine folks at the Wren's Nest. Well, Lain Shakespeare (No, that is his real name), the guy who runs the house museum and the blog, never fails to tickle the child in me with some of his posts. The latest to catch my fancy is one about Six Flags' Monster Plantation, or as it is soon to be called, "Monster Mansion." (I am pretty sure that Monster McMansion would be more appropriate for Atlanta, but I digress.)

Turns out that the original ride was called "Tales fromthe Okefenokee," and it was based on the Joel Chandler Harris stories. Fascinating! A year later they updated the ride to the truly psychedelic Monster Plantation that I knew as a child and yes, as a teenager. I wonder just how many Atlantans growing up had their first hand-holding or first kiss experience in those damp boats floating through the dark tunnels of the Monster Plantation?

Anyway, check out the Wren's Nest blog, and make sure to click on the YouTube videos they posted of Tales from the Okefenokee and Monster Plantation. Be forewarned that they might be nightmare or flashback-inducing for some. (Jason B., this means you. I think that you probably need to post about seeing The Banana Splits on your blog, please.)

Great stuff!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Lauren Shankman said...

"You're invited-- to a picnic... monster picnic but Humans Are allowed!!! " That song will be stuck in my head all day. I've likely only ridden it maybe 2-3 times in my life (almost entirely in college). Good times.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Definitely an Atlanta institution. Hope the beach was good. i need to try that dress this week!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I am on it. Ready the article on Friday in the AJC. Links to the music and the making of.

http://www.ajc.com/video/content/video/?bcpid=1659825399&bclid=1364183029&bctid=1819737832

http://www.ajc.com/video/content/video/?bcpid=1659825399&bclid=1364183029&bctid=1819737832

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter