Friday, September 12, 2008

Lemonade Out of Lemons

Okay, so my friend Tori, who is one of my favorite babysitters, a girl I like to drink with at Flatiron, and a great trivia team member all rolled into one has fallen on some hard times this year. What does a girl do when the work world gives her lemons? Well, she makes lemonade, of course! So, if you can help her out in her endeavor, that would be awesome. You won't regret it.

From Tori herself:

Hey there!

If you're still in Atlanta or any surrounding areas, I would like to pick up some of your most tedious, menial or just plain weird or grossest odd-jobs from here until the end of the year.

I'd hoped I can pick up at least one odd job a day or a few a week - and chronicle what I'm doing for all to see on a blog. The weirder the job, the better. I'd also hoped that I could make an average of $20.00 a day (or more) between now and the end of the year. Hire me...I'll do just about anything as long as its legal...and spread the word. I've got references, I've got time and I know you have something you've been dreading to do. Forward this message to your friends, too! Take me to the limit!

As you may know, I work as a freelance writer, designer, and in the film/tel. industry. I'm also the daughter of a pecan farmer, so I'm no stranger to manual labor. I'm down with alphabetizing, filing, cleaning, organizing, scanning photos, grooming your dog (I groom mine), reading a newspaper to Grandma, or changing adult diapers, for that matter. And let's face it, I'm a big'un, so I could stand to lose a few pounds in the process.

Why am I doing this? I guess you could say that the industry's been rough on me this year, so I wanted to try a little experiment - a somewhat down-and-out 27 year-old's take on the good old-fashioned lemonade stand entrepreneur. And, of course, I want it to be funny. Really funny, so that's why I'm hoping you'll have something bizarre for me to do. But I'm trying to make dough, too...so anything is negotiable.

I'm kinda excited about this idea. So hit me with your odd jobs!!! I'll start asap!

Thanks!
Tori LaConsay
770.608.7891
torilaconsay@gmail.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter