Thursday, October 06, 2005

40 Weeks, 4 Days

Had my second appointment of the week. Still no changes in my cervix, baby performed well on the non-stress test, and still no contractions.

We discussed the situation, and the fact that they will induce me next week if I haven't gone into labor by then. I have an appointment for Monday at 10:45 am. They will do the Biophysical Profile (BPP), which is basically an ultrasound to check fetal well-being. It was this test, last pregnancy, that identified that my amniotic fluid was low, and prompted the induction that evening.

So, Caprice, the midwife I saw today, said to go home and decide what day next week would be good for me to be induced. She said that Mondays tend to be one of the busiest days at the hospital, and that Tuesday or Wednesday would be better.

I still have a glimmer of hope that I could go into labor this weekend, but it is a faint glimmer. There is a part of me that regrets that I seem to be one of those people who are not destined to experience going into labor on my own. I tell myself that a hundred years ago, it would have been a lot more likely that i would never give birth to a healthy baby at this point. Hell, 100 years ago, I would probably have just been considered barren, what with my non-existent periods. But, luckily, I am the proud mother of one phenomenal little boy, and another on the way.

It is nice to be able to tell my mother and mother-in-law when to come up in advance. It will be nice to know that I will be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for watching the Georgia-Tennessee game on Saturday.

And most of all, I know that this time next week, I will probably be holding my daughter in my arms. I can't wait to meet her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter