Monday, October 31, 2005

Sweetie, I Love You, But. . . . #3

How am I ever going to make awesome CDs of just one year's music releases, if you import new CDs into ITunes and don't bother to put the damn year information in? I know that you are not as OCD about this as I am, but you are killing me with this. It is an affront to all my organizational sensibilities. And while we are at it, stop adding shit to my playlists, too.

Is there a way to password-protect my version of ITunes? See that word up in the right-hand corner? It reads, "Annie." That's me. Show some respect.

I still love you, though. And I will try to hang up the kitchen towels after using them, so that they don't get, um . . . "moldy."

3 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Mike Maier said...

Weird, but music related. I just thought of this today- what was David Barbe's band, Mercyland; do you have any Mercyland? Every once in a while I make an effort to find a recording and then I just thought- man, I bet Anne still has a copy...I'll look for something interesting over here to trade you....
Mike

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I don't have a copy, but i will look around and see what I can find. I think i had some either on vinyl or on a cassette. God, we are old. Might be able to scare some up though - good stuff, Mercyland!

Funny you mentioned it, too, because Lisa (my sister) and i were just discussing that she came up to Athens to visit me when she was still in HS, which i had forgotten about. I took her to see Mercyland, and I think you were in the group of us, too. She got really drunk, and I want to say that this was the same night that you threw up something blue in my black Honda Accord. And yes, I just put that on the internet for all the world to see. Mike pukes blue stuff.

Mercyland - i am on it.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Mike Maier said...

whoa- yes, old in some ways i suppose but with some years of spark left anyway. plus the way music has diverged and diversified in the last 2 generations knowing about mercyland makes you cool. ok, in the right tiny circles. while i'm reminiscing, nothing blue comes to mind but i do remember wetting john parker's dorm bed when scott phillips and i went to stay with him the summer before we moved to athens (i suppose we were 'orienting'). and seeing the indigo girls sing with michael stipe in a field outside of town when casey schaeffer drove me to athens our junior year in hs. 316 was much narrower with scary looking real bbq shacks and i think we went most of the way on 78...

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter