Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I Am a Complete Failure as a Parent

I started to realize that i am a complete failure as a parent when other parents began to ask me where Rollie was doing a Mommy's Morning Out program last spring. Um, what? They go to these programs at the age of two??? I proceeded to look into the programs in late February, early March. Turns out they usually do the registrations in January or early February. I totally missed the window. Oops. Guess Rollie is doomed to low test scores and a job at MACDonald's. . . .

Well, obviously, this last snafu is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Call DFACS! I MISSED THE AIRING OF THE RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER SPECIAL!

Why the hell do they air the thing in November? How will Rollie ever learn the meaning of Christmas, without seeing how Rudolph saved it with the help of that wanna-be dentist elf and the Misfit toys?

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger StephB said...

We missed it too! However, my genius husband found it on the internet and downloaded it to his computer and burned it to a DVD. Maybe you can do it with your apple. Be careful, though, because "Abominable Snowman" with the toothache elicited screams of terror, even though Annika was watching it with Doug lying on the floor next to her.

Oh, and I only knew about the MMO programs because Katie (who knows all) warned me in advance.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I need to borrow your Katie.

Good idea about the dvd. And yes, the abominable snowman scared ME.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter