Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Battle of the Planets, or How I Won Your Undying Love

Five years ago yesterday, Honey was in town for a visit. Honey, Lisa, Andy and I decided to go to the Fountainhead for drinks, and I had spoken with Robin about meeting her and friends of hers there later that night. We had a great time sitting around and people-watching and talking about old times, but i still hadn't seen Robin come in when we were ready to leave. So, I ran upstairs to check and see if she was there, and lo and behold, they had been there the entire time and I had missed her. It was after one, but I stayed for a while to talk to her, and say hello to some of her friends that I knew from college. Vanessa and Joel were there, and some other people, but I don't remember who now. Robin introduced me to you, and we chatted about Denver and how we knew Robin. I think. I don't remember that much from that night. You had a goatee and you were wearing a red shirt. I remember leaving that night, and saying how weird it was to see people I hadn't met since college, and that I thought there was something really likeable about Robin's friend Todd.

You emailed me at work the following Thursday, then we exchanged emails for the next week. I must admit that the origin of my love may have been the thought of you in tights. The next Thursday, we met for drinks at the Stein Club. You had to ask what I look like. You wore the Colonel Mustard shirt. I wore my brown leather jacket and wowed you with my knowledge of Battle of the Planets. We drank Shiners and we talked for hours.

Thank you for looking in the same direction with me. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. Happy Valentine's Day!

2 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah.....memories.....although I think we were drinking Bass at the Stein Club....why do I remember beers? mmm...Stein Club, we hardly knew ye.

love you.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barf. Save that talk for the bedroom.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter