Thursday, February 09, 2006

My Prince

This morning, I awoke to coughing and chatter from Rollie's room. He has a cold, but it is the functional type of cold that toddlers have - if you or I had the same cold, we would take to the couch with chicken soup and the remote, but Rollie wakes up like clockwork and is ready to start playing as usual at 7:15 am, cold or no cold. Rollie and Matilda usually wake each other up, so we usually all get up together at the same time, Todd getting Rollie changed and giving him breakfast, and me changing and nursing Matilda. This morning, for some reason, Matilda didn't wake up when Rollie did, so i had the luxury of lounging in bed for a few moments before jumping up. This is a rarity for the moms and dads of the world, but even when we grab these precious moments, we are unable to drift back to sleep; the baby alarm was set in the first few weeks of their lives and there is nothing we can do to change it. Once we hear the little angels, we are awake.

I lounged in bed, listening to the sounds of Rollie's constant chatter and then heard him say:

"Mama."

I heard the shuffle of his feet in the hallway. He came into my room and said,
"Mama, wake."

I peeked over the side of the bed to see him standing at the side of the bed, eye-level with me, with a huge, bright smile on his face. (F-ing morning people!)
Rollie said, "Hi, Mama."
I said, "Hello, Rollie."
He said, "Up, Mama. Downdairs."
I said, "Okay, sweetie, I'm getting up. I'll be down in just a minute."

Rollie turned to walk downstairs with Todd, then, turned back to me and walked back over to the bedside, hand held out to me:

"Help. Help Mama."

I take his hand, as I alight from the Royal Bed, Princess of the Morning.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger StephB said...

What a sweet boy. : )

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter