Thursday, January 26, 2006

Fun With Genetic Color Blindness

For those of you who don't know, my husband is color blind. I have determined over the 7-plus years that we have been together that he is very Brown/Green colorblind. If I ask him what color my decidedly brown sweater is, he will say it is a green. If I ask him about Rollie's green shirt, he will say it is brown. He also has a little trouble with black/dark blue, dark purple.

This whole colorblindness thing can be quite entertaining (What color is this? What color is this? Hahahahaha) but also a little frustrating when Todd dresses Rollie. I also now watch Rollie to see if he can tell the difference between green and brown, but i have not caught him in any colorblindness yet. I know that there is a distinct possibility here, though: My first introduction to colorblindness in the Johnson men came while playing what I now call "Color Blind Trivia."

Try playing Trivial Pursuit with 4 color blind men and their spouses and not using the Lord's name in vain in front of your Baptist in-laws:

Todd:"What color are we?"

Me: "Green."

Todd: "No, that's orange."

Me: "No, it's not."

Todd: "Yes, it is."

Brother-in-law: "Pass me a pie piece."

Sister-in-law hands him a green pie piece. "No, I got a green one."

Sister-in-law: "That IS green."

Todd: "Jesus."

Father-in-law: "Watch it!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter