Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm all riled up again

I have been feeling guilty about not updating Dogwood Girl regularly this month. I have been busy, sick, out of town, blahblahblah. Or maybe it is just that i haven't been really, really angry in a while. It seems that anger is what usually compels me to blog, and boy did I ever this morning on Atlanta Metblogs.

It is kind of scary, though: As soon as I clicked Save, I became nervous. Sure, I wrote what i believe, and I am not ashamed of it, but I am really curious to see if my words anger a lot of people. I mean, is a writer in Atlanta allowed to call Andrew Young a bigot? What about telling the Lt. Gov. that he needs to grow a pair. We'll see . . . .

One thing I do know - I will not be issuing any apologies.

4 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger StephB said...

I read your post on Metroblogs and the comments. I was going to comment to give you support (because I agree with you), but decided that I'd just comment here.

It's very interesting to me that people are quick to whip out the "bigot" "misogynist" "racist" or "homophobe" labels if the object of the discussion is conservative but if they are non-conservative, people are far less likely to label them for questionable comments/actions.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Seems true. Good point. I don't know - for some reason this thing just really got under my skin. I guess I just don't understand why more people don't see the hypocrisy in having double standards concerning things like this.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you haven't commented about Cynthia McKinney - 8-)

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome comments and I enjoyed reading all the comments.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter