Friday, January 19, 2007

Stay Away From My Skinny Jeans!

For those of you who don't know Todd and I in person, we have both been on a years-long mission to lose weight. We have made an effort to eat healthy and to exercise more. It has paid off for both of us: I have lost over 35 pounds (still have more to go) and Todd has lost. . . well, I don't know how much weight he has lost, but he has gone down quite a few sizes. He looks great, and I am very proud of him. I am not proud of him because he looks good, but because he is healthy, and I think I might want to keep him around for a few more years. I say, "I think" because yesterday morning, Todd came downstairs wearing this:

He came down the stairs with a cat-ate-the-canary look on his face, with a touch of sheepishness, and would not meet my eye. You may see nothing amiss. That is because the shirt fits him just fine. What is wrong with this picture? The shirt is mine.

It is my Hank Williams Disgraceland shirt, by Yee-Haw-Industries. Sure, it is way too big for me and I wear it with flannel pajamas around the house, or with shorts while working out in the yard, but it is mine. No husband of mine should be wearing my clothes. As my sister and I said over dinner at the EARL last night, where the fashionable and young hang out in their skinny jeans and Flock of Seagulls hair: I don't want to be with a man who is skinnier than I am.

Todd, I still can't fit into skinny jeans, but if I ever do, you better stay the hell away from them. I do not sleep with boys whose thighs are smaller than mine.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger StephB said...

I'll bet, with all of your weight loss, that you need to buy some smaller clothes and then there is no way that Todd would fit into them.

I'll bet Nat would be a good fashion guru and she knows how to get the deals. Alternatively, just ask your dry-cleaner to take your pants in a bit - that is working for me (and is cheap!). : )

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Steph, you are the best. However, I thought we were friend, but evidently not, because any of my friends knows I don't own anything that has to be dry-cleaned! You are a riot! As if!

Here I will congratulate you in front of my other reader - Way to go on the half mary! We are very proud of you.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger StephB said...

Thanks. : )

You don't have to use the dry cleaners to CLEAN the clothes - they just do cheap alterations (without having to get naked and measured).

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter