Friday, February 23, 2007

I Have a Problem.

Why does it have to taste so good? Why do we have to eat it at all?

This is the Mrs. Winner's leftovers guilt talking. We have a lot going on around the house (we are putting it back on the market next week) and so Todd brought home a bucket of chicken for dinner last night. We don't do this often (like, ever). There were leftovers. Mrs. Winner's is not on Weight Watchers. I think that if you look up Mrs. Winner's in the Dining Out companion that WW gives you, instead of points values for the chicken, it just says, "Give up now."

I woke up this morning. I was really good. Coffee, with Splenda and fat free creamer. Breakfast bar to go as I walked out the door to take Rollie to school. Came home, went to pour one last half-cup of coffee, and stumbled across. . . I can only describe them as two buttery biscuits of love. That reminded me of the chicken leftovers in the fridge. Suddenly, I was putting a chicken wing and two biscuits on a plate and popping them into the microwave. At 10:00 a.m.

I quit smoking. I could quit drinking if I wanted. Food? I have a problem.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Dorothy Gould said...

You are not alone. For all intents and purposes I have given up drinking, having the occasional glass of wine when out with my girlfriends, and I have never been a smoker. But food is another story. Lucky for me till this point the Maier genes have prevailed and I could pretty much eat what I wanted. But now, after turning 41 and having given birth 3 times, the old metabolism just ain't what it used to be. But Mrs. Winner's....I would be hard pressed to resist...hmmmm, isn't it almost lunchtime??

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I am going to guess that your metabolism slowing down and any weight gain is in your head, as you Maiers are stick-thin and tall. We should all be so lucky.

It is not just the weight, though, either, is it? Part of it is the way you feel dirty after you eat that much fat in one sitting. I feel physically sick now. I could no less have resisted that chicken than I could have resisted breathing for the last ten minutes. I had to have it. No willpower!

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, sitting around the house, eating fried chicken at 10:00 am, putzing around on the internet.....how much longer CAN you keep it up?

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Todd, that is the hardest I have laughed in days. Don't worry, I left you some chicken. Just no biscuits. (Tiller is responsible for eating one, by the way.)

Point taken. I also cleaned the bathroom counter, and looked for jobs. A girl needs sustenance. and now I am off to pick up the boy. Hope it is not a difficult journey. Wish me luck. Might have to take a piece of chicken with me.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger StephB said...

I posted a comment on Friday, but inexplicably, all comments from that day were deleted. Don't know why.

Anyway, I'm right there with you on the food. Why do you think I run so much? - it cuts down on the "I really should not have eaten that" guilt. Says the woman who stopped at Starbucks for scones twice this week. oops

Doug thinks that running 20 miles per week entitles a person to eat whatever they want - he disagreed when I qualified that with "within reason." But I don't think he understands just how much I could eat if I ate everything I want.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Steph, I know you are right there with me. I do think you can eat whatever you want if you are at your goal weight and doing 20 miles/week, but there is no way you will lose weight doing it.

By the way, I haven't posted, but sounds like your training is coming along well, and the knee is being agreeable.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter