Friday, July 27, 2007

Afternoon Surprise

Not to be confused with Afternoon Delight.

My sister was bummed out about various life stuff and so she came over to destress. Why you would come to the home of two kids under four to destress, I have no idea, but she is a strange cookie.

Anyway, I never even ate breakfast, and then she had me convinced that I should drink a margarita with her, before I had even had lunch. She really had to twist my arm. Ended up having lunch, two margaritas, and hanging out all afternoon in the backyard with the kids, and the two dogs. (She brought her new pup, and once again, I forgot to snap a picture of her.)

The best part was kicking the soccer ball with Rollie. When you have a baby, you just never really let it sink in that they will grow up, start talking, and be able to kick a soccer ball with you in the backyard. It was a little surreal - Just me and the boy, kicking the ball back and forth and talking and laughing.

Might have been the margaritas, but I think it was more that he is just growing into such a nice little boy. Into someone that in twenty five years or so, I might actually be friends with.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may be a strange cookie but it was way fun. Kicking a soccer ball with a 4 yr old is a lot funner when you're drinking.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I had fun, too. You are better at kicking the soccer ball when you are drinking. Grammar, not so much.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

p.s. Shouldn't you be wiping some old folk ass about now?

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter