Wednesday, July 25, 2007

New. Favorite. Band.

From an interview with Band of Horses' Ben Bridwell on Pitchfork.

Pitchfork: Is there anything else that you want to get off your chest?

BB: College football starts in about fifty days.

Pitchfork: You're not soaking up the baseball season?

BB: I am, actually. We haven't been near it. When we were in Seattle for those three weeks I got to watch some Mariners games.

Pitchfork: So the M's are your team?

BB: Yeah, the Mariners are my favorite pro baseball team, and the Georgia Bulldogs are my favorite college football.
Holy Shit. And more:
Bridwell, the songwriting force behind Horses' acclaimed debut Everything All the Time, lives in a ranch-style home that will soon be smartly appointed with Georgia Bulldogs football memorabilia. He's just moved in, so only the oblong G doormat is in place. A framed photo of the all-white English bulldog "Uga," wearing a red t-shirt and performing a leaping chomp at a nervous Auburn wideout from the end zone sideline, sits on the hearth waiting to be hung.
And also:
They serve micheladas-- cold beers with soy sauce, Tabasco, and half-limes.
Dear God. This might be love.

Okay, I really liked Band of Horses already. (They were number one on my Top Ten of 2006 list.) But the convergence of good music and SEC football fandom (and my Bulldogs, no less!) really gets me excited in an altogether freaky way.

Thanks to Todd for recognizing this momentous item, giving me the heads up, and being okay with me daydreaming about watching football with Ben all day and then going to watch Band of Horses that night. I will try to make said daydream include a victory over Tech or Florida, rather than Todd's lil' tigers. I'm nice that way.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm...the proverbial 6 degrees!!!

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't realize they were from sc! that is very funny. and i told you ranch homes were way cool.

go dawgs!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Busted. Jason, you are completely right - it is the 6 degrees phenom.

Lisa - Are you saying you are pulling for Dawgs? I still feel like you are a bit of a traitor to your people. If you say go dawgs to Mark, then I will forgive you. Also, if you defend my children from his Gatorness. I do not think it is funny, and neither should you if you are really a fan. There are some allegiances stronger than marriage. Football is one. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter