Thursday, July 05, 2007

Why, Yes . . .

That was my almost-four-year-old son spectacularly showing his ass in the Barnes and Noble at Edgewood Retail District. He was the one running up and down the aisles from me (as I dragged his poor sister along by the arm) and screaming at the top of his lungs, "Don't get me! Don't get me! Don't get me!" and then screaming, "Nooooooooooonooooooooooooo. Nooooooooooooooooooo. Nooooooooo!!!!!!!" as I dragged him kicking from the store, with an embarrassed look on my face, muttering "I'm sorry" to every patron we passed along the way.

My apologies to anyone who suffered permanent hearing loss, or who will need therapy before deciding to have children of their own.

The perpetrator is now sitting in his room, thinking about the consequences of his behavior (No storytime, no haircut.)

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Dorothy Gould said...

Annie, So sorry you had to endure that, but thanks for putting a smile on my face. Pre children, I would have rolled my eyes at such a scene; now I think: "poor thing, she deserves a big glass of wine tonight!" hope you get one!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Todd and I were just discussing the difference in the patrons' responses; Parents can be seen smiling sympathetically, while non-breeders look at you like you should be shot for bringing the kids out without having them on a leash.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger StephB said...

We've had that same scene at Barnes & Noble. It sucks to be in that spot, plus no books.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I know. It does make me feel better to know I am not the only one who looks like world's worst mother.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Kristin Kong said...

I think my worst was carrying Chase out of Target over my shoulder while he screamed "Stop hurting me mommy!" over and over. I got alot of looks. I hate tantrums!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

OMG, Tara. I needed a good laugh. That is a great one! Thanks.

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As my daughter is only 3 weeks old, I can't wait.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Don't fall for it, Kortez. They do that cute sleeping all the time thing early on, then they start smiling and next thing you know, you are in love with the little boogers. So, there you are, and they have lured you in, then they start acting like complete assholes and by that point, you love them unconditionally.

Manipulative little shits. :-)

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well at least I have my wife to fall back on. She never fell in love with my manipulative complete asshole routine. She just wooped me into shape and here I am feeding my daughter at 4am. Fuck, I'm such a pussy.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

You're not a pussy, you are a good father and husband. And, believe it or not, I sometimes wish I could go back and have a 4 am feeding with one of mine when they were tiny.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm...that almost sounds similar to a situation that I endured at Lake Lure over a bucket of disease infested feathers and a couple of water balloons.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Yes, and screams echo so well over water, too.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter