Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dance Mix

I was out with the girls a few weeks ago, and one of us asked everyone else what songs really made us want to get up and dance. She is putting a playlist together for her wedding, and was looking for suggestions.

Since then, I have been creating the wedding dance playlist of the century; 12 hours of butt-shaking goodness, which needs to be weeded down to about four hours. I have it down to about 7 at this point. For example, I can dance my ass off to Jesus and Mary Chain's "Reverence," but it is a wedding reception, with grandmas and great uncles, after all, and is your Mama's best friend really gonna get off on a song that says, "I want to die just like Jesus Christ?" Probably not. It turns out that, upon reflection, much of mine and Todd's music is the devil's work, and we are going straight to the fires of hell. Right after I finish this playlist.

I thought, though, that before i started the weeding process, I would poll the Internet for final suggestions. What are your all-time favorite dance songs? And I know. You don't like to dance. You can't dance. BlahBlahBlah. You know there are a few songs that you can't help moving your feet to, even if it is only in your bedroom with a hairbrush, or while you are cooking dinner alone at night.

Be honest. If it is "Let's Hear if For the Boy" or "Dancing in the Sheets" from the Footloose soundtrack, just say so.

Not that I like that one or anything. I mean, what? No. I never owned that album. Shut up, Lisa.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the cheesy stuff best. The international dance hits of 1994 are buried somewhere deep inside my cluttered subconscious, and I really wish I could extract/download the mix. Then there's the Super Verano mix from Spain, 2001. Ah, Summer, wine, bullfights, dancing. All my favorite dance songs end up being so because of travel.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Interesting. . .so do you ever dance in the states?

I kinda like cheesy stuff, too. Really, i am not that picky, because I have to be intoxicated to dance in the first place, and at that point, I will dance to Boyz to men, or whatever they play.

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember going to a ton of weddings around 2000/2001 and every time they played N'Sync's 'Bye Bye Bye' every woman in the place (and D Clay) danced like they were in the video.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Yeah, that is interesting. No way i am putting that on playlist. I have standards.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i've seen hmilman dance! or have I? all a haze. i definitely don't dance much these days. last time was maybe a year and a half ago in Belgium at a festival? it can be fun to make a fool of oneself to an entire country.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter