Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Here, There Be Dragons

Conversation with Rollie yesterday:

Rollie: "Mama, if I see a dragon, you will give me a knight, and I will knife the dragon."
Me: "Um, okay, if we see a dragon, I will let you have a knife and slay him. But you realize that we don't play with knives, ever, without Mama's permission?"
Rollie: "But, we do if there is a dragon."
Me: "Well, yeah, obviously. Also? A 'Knight' is the guy who wears the armor, and who holds a sword or a lance, or throws down the gauntlet, okay? 'Knight' just sounds like "knife." And you use a sword to slay the dragon, not a knife."
Rollie: "Right," he says, nodding his head vigorously in the affirmative.


Okay. It's a plan.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right.
And then I can has a ice cream?

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Dorothy Gould said...

Whew! Good to know you have a plan for those unexpected dragons....

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger StephB said...

HA! I can totally hear you saying "we don't touch the knife without mommy's permission."

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger StephB said...

Hey, Dragonslayer? How is your running coming? Aren't you doing the Silver Comet race this weekend?

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Silver comet - Nope. Was going to, then todd had to be out of town for work, then I decided i would do the thanksgiving one, and that fell through, because if i want to see my parents, I have to be out of town, and the whole thing was discouraging, and I fell off the wagon and haven't run much at all in two weeks. Turns out I need a set goal to keep me on track. I am trying not to beat myself up for it, but i feel guilty. sigh.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger StephB said...

ING in March. That is a good goal (and close to home). Rates go up Oct 31 so you can sign up now and kick that wagon in the ass.

Everyone needs a goal (even professionals - Carole Sharpless has said that in interviews) - nothing wrong with that. : )

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter