Tuesday, October 02, 2007

We are Way Cute When We Drink

Most of the time i feel like Dogwood Girl is a great outlet for me, a healthy exercise in purging my sick mind and all that. But lately? It is just another damn thing that I am not getting done. Who needs something else to make them feel guilty? I am not going to let it get me down. I will post when I can post.

But some things require taking the time. Like when one of your bestest friends, the one that introduced you to your husband, which resulted in your life becoming boring and parental, and yet you still love her, is getting married and you spend the weekend with the girls, acting trashy and pretending that you don't have children or husbands. Much fun.

In case you haven't visited the town, Helen is totally kooky, touristy, and a total fucking riot. Here's a town where everyone drank the Kool Aid and decided to make their little town a theme park. With beer river tubing and taffy and Ye Olde Fudge.

We spent the weekend in a cabin, with a pool table, a panoramic view of Mt. Yonah, a hot tub, rocking chairs, four couches, and three tvs. Anyone who knows me can tell you that if you put me up with a pool table, a stocked bar, an IPod, and a hot tub, I might never leave. I watched Auburn beat out those detestable Gators while pounding beers, playing pool, and hot tubbing. It was awesome. We are even mature enough that we could afford a place where everyone had a bed. I shared a King with my little sis and I barely knew she was there.


This was the first Bachelorette party I have been to, i realized later, at which only the Bride-to-be was a Bachelorette. The rest of us were all Matrons. That is a little disturbing. Didn't get in the way of the shenanigans, though. And as Lisa and I informed the others, we are still way cute when we drink. You can see evidence of this in the following picture, as Leelee exudes cuteness:


















High points, other than aforementioned view and hot tub, were the excellent meals, and the company. Great group of girls. Okay, it's a tossup - Girls vs. very frightening, nightmare-inducing Deer Anus Cyclops Head. It could go either way.













More pics:
Keri, Robbie, and Nessie:


















Robbie solo, and with her very cool future Sis-in-law, Katie:


















Et moi, basking in the heat of the tub and two beautiful field goals against the Fucking Florida Gators (Yes, this Bulldog hates them just. that. much.) And to top off a great weekend, on the way home, i met a couple of bikers on Harleys at the gas station. One of them asked me to go for a ride with him. He was cute in a pushing-50s, Marlboro-Man-gravelly-voice kind of way. I was tempted. It was a great day.

"I need to get back to Atlanta," I said.

"I live in Atlanta," he replied with a devilish grin. "I'll take you home."

"I can't. I gotta get back to the husband and kids."

"Ma'am, I'm so sorry. I didn't see your ring. I didn't know you were married."

"That's okay," I said. "You made my day!"

And it did. We're still cute, girls, even when we're not drinking. And chivalry is not dead. At least not in the hills of North Georgia.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm...I AM cute when I drink! Even with slippers on!

Kitt is still technically a bachelorette. But for how long?

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Mike Maier said...

you go girl!
kat

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger StephB said...

Awesome that picked up a biker. : ) It made my day just to read about it.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Dorothy Gould said...

Anne, you've still got it, nice to know, right? I agree, blog when you can, and don't feel guilty.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter