Thursday, November 15, 2007

Off to Charleston

Tomorrow morning, I leave for Charleston. My childhood friend Marc is getting married. I cannot wait to meet the victim, er. . . bride. Marc and his brother, Pierce, and my sister and I go way back; Our moms were best friends growing up in Chattanooga. We vacationed in Destin with them for years, visited them at their home and on their Grandfather's ranch near Dallas, and when Pierce went to school in Chattanooga, I used to see him and his roommate when I was in town visiting my Grandma. We all exchanged emails recently, and Pierce's roommate was saying how nice it would be to see me again. The last time he remembers seeing me, I "drove a convertible and had bought the Drivin' and Cryin' album that day." We figured out that was about 1988. Yeah, nineteen years. Wow.

Marc is the last of us to get married. Pierce and I both have kids now, and Lisa is expecting. None of this adulthood crap matters much, because these are people who have known me long enough to remember me before I became the woman of grace and loveliness that I am today; They saw the gangly, pimpled girl with the sausage-rolled hair. They knew me when I had no boobs. They knew me when I liked Whitesnake.

It is going to be fun to have all four of us back together again this weekend, even though I won't have them to myself. There will be merciless ribbing, and much, much laughter. And a whole lotta drinking. Look out, Charleston.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger jasonaut said...

"liked" Whitesnake? Is that past tense??

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Depends on how much I've had to drink.

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger StephB said...

I still like Whitesnake. It's on my running mix. : )

Oh, and . . . what's with the aside "and Lisa is expecting." That is NEWS - it needs it's own post or at least a mention on the hotties board.

Have fun in Charleston. The food is so good there.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Tank said...

You suck. I hope a Palmetto bug lands in your she-crab soup....

[.sigh.]

tell S.N.O.B., Rooftop @ the Library, and Hominy Grill we said "hello"

:'-[

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Philip, who are you? We do suck. :-)

Steph, lisa is pregnant, and i have just recently been given the okay to divulge this, but did not get around to the big announcement. Thanks for pointing this out, though, where she could see it and then bitch at me about it for ten straight minutes while trapped in a car on the way to Charleston.

Pregnant women are so very sweet to be around.

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if you will come across a scarf with milk on it...

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter