Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Things I Forgot About Snow



"Mama, when i was outside in the snow, I made a ball and I threw it on you and it was fun."

Yes, Rollie, it was. It was the most fun I've had in ages. I threw an icy, wet snowball today. But it was a snowball. And I showed you how to make a really sad snow angel. And I showed you how the best place to get a snowball from is a clean surface like the car and then we tried to throw snowballs at Daddy in the bedroom window above while he was on a conference call, while Quint did the low-butt run around the cul-de-sac, like he was a pup.

I had forgotten that snow had a sound and a smell, and that it made dogs frisky, and toes tingle and eyelashes frosted, and that it made little kids and big kids giggle like they were being tickled.

p.s. Mom, I'm real sorry about that mess me and Lisa and Matt and Karen and Sean made in the house, like, every day, throughout the winter in Rochester for two years in a row. We musta been about the biggest pains in the ass ever.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Lyle said...

Is the first snow that they've seen? I'm guessing yes, at least for Tiller. I'm so glad you guys had fun playing in the snow. Sounds like we might get some more over the weekend!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I think Rollie has seen flurries, but Tiller definitely has not.

Did y'all get any?

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Lyle said...

We had a "wintry mix" of rain and snow Wednesday afternoon, but the ground was so wet that it didn't stick.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Mike Maier said...

Man I love the low-butt run, Keska gets it at the beach.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter