Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I am in love

With goats. Todd makes fun of me, because I just love goats. I mean, first of all, they taste good. Second of all, they keep down weeds. I have loved them since I was a little girl, with their wispy, eccentric-looking beards. Those spindly legs. That funny, angry noise they make. They come in all colors.

I always tell Todd I want goats when we finally buy our big property (or what my friends James and Dana refer to as "the compound." Yes, we were saddened when the Putnam County, Georgia Nuwaubian property was demolished and sold off to developers; We had our eyes on its faux-Egyptian majesty for a while.)

I think, though, that Todd secretly finds my goat amour cute. This belief was cemented when he sent me the following link. I mean, how could a man who wanted to dissuade me from goat ownership ever expect to achieve his goal by sending me this cuteness?

Get out the smelling salts. Fainting goats. I am so going to have fainting goats on my estate and then I'll get rip-roaring drunk on tequila, and I will do goat fainting party tricks. It will be a dream come true. You are all invited.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Lyle said...

I think that there is a great goat convergence taking place as of late. Denise has a co-worker who is seriously into goat-raising and showing, apparently this is something that people do.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god. I want one of them goats.
Lee Lee

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger jasonaut said...

keep me on your invite list. I loves me some good natured tequila-induced animal ... not cruelty exactly... ah whatever it is, I want some.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Interesting. Goat-showing. . .

Of course, Lyle, I have heard some people walk their cats on leashes these days, too. :-)

Leelee, I knew you would be on board. All we need to do is put Plan B into effect.

Jason, I like that you are always up for a little good-natured sport - of course, last time I drank tequila with you, I believe i ended up in the ER. Good times. . .

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter