Thursday, November 06, 2008

Still Chugging Along

So, keeping up with my NaNoWriMo goals is definitely impacting my blogging. (Although it does not seem to have made any impact on my Facebooking.) But i am totally caught up on my word count so far, at day 6 of November. Yay me!

Even if I weren't to write another lick the rest of the month, the progress I have made in just six days is astounding to me. I never knew I could crank out the writing like this! It has been very fun, and very inspiring, and I am so glad i took it on.

My running, on the other hand, is kind of slack this week. I have had the coughing, post-nasal drip thing for three weeks straight, and then last night i puked up dinner out of nowhere. Not sure what was up with that, but felt like doody this morning and have had an upset stomach all afternoon. I am not sure what the deal is with kids, but they are little Typhoid Marys, and you should not allow one in your house. Ever. Think zombies. It is horrible.

Anyway, sickness is good for writing, not so good for the mileage. Oh well.

Oooh, and we are going camping this weekend if all are healthy. I am very excited. I need me some nature.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done. You & james are definitely better examples than I am. I'm averaging a 1k/day pace, about 600 words less than I need.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

It's only day 6, Seth. A) you can catch up and B) We can still fail miserably.

Still, though, if you wrote a 1000 words/day, that is still 365,000 word/year if you kept it up. . .

Don't give up! Go to a write-in!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Kjerstin said...

I know a lot of folks have the illness you describe. Our family had it last weekend and we got over it pretty quickly, but the laundry goes on forever.

We're going camping this weekend too. Have fun. I look forward to reading about your adventure.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Ugh. Sorry y'all had it too. Totally the pits.

Ooh, where are y'all going? I saw your post about going with your brother. Will have to compare notes - any suggestions? it is rollie and tiller's first time and i keep on thinking i am going to forget something big for them.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Kjerstin said...

All they need is the stuff for s'mores and a cozy spot to sleep. :)

I probably could have taken more long pants and socks - they got wet and muddy. We did get them some kid sized camping stuff like headlamps, camp chairs and sleeping bags. They liked that.

We're going to the beach this time. NE Florida - near Amelia Island. Where are you guys going? I am sure you will have fun.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

We have camp chairs, sleeping bags, and flashlights for them. Good idea on the headlamps! Might have to look into that for Christmas. Going to pack an extra pair of socks and pants right now. The beach will be fun! We are going up near Suches, i think. Cooper Creek, maybe? It is Chattahoochee NF.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter