Friday, January 13, 2006

More Little Pleasures

I have recently been making a concerted effort to take time and notice the little things, since this is the last time i will ever have very little ones in my house, and they are growing so fast. I know that in no time, I will be one of those foaming-at-the-mouth-needing-a-grandbaby kind of women, so I must enjoy what i have while I have it.

This week has been unseasonably warm here in the South. We have spent three days this week at Glenwood Park. This is a new park in a development near East Atlanta in Ormewood Park. It's one of those live-work-play deals. It seems like most of the residents are gay men or childless straight couples, but they did put in a nice toddler park and a small field of bermuda. If you go around 4-5pm, lots of people show up with dogs, and moms and kids from surrounding neighborhoods come over, too. I put Matilda in the baby bjorn, turn on the IPod and let Rollie run to his heart's content. And my heart is content, too, with the warm sun fading west towards the downtown skyline, turning everything yellow and orange and slightly pink. It is a little pleasure to watch Rollie and the other kids running in and out of dogs chasing frisbees, with Matilda sighing contentedly against my chest, all to the sounds of The English Beat's "Save It For Later."

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger StephB said...

That sounds lovely. : )

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter