Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Little Pleasures

I know this is bad, but i can't help it. I am not a dog germaphobe. I let my dog kiss me on my [closed] mouth. Yesterday, while I was nursing Matilda, Quint took up his usual place on the ottoman by my feet. Rollie was wandering around talking to me, and then came over to lean on Quint. Quint does not like being leaned on, but he knows that I brook no growling, and so he proceeded to lick Rollie's face. I praise Quint whenever he treats Rollie sweetly, so he proceeded to lick more and more, in an effort to win my heart back. (It was lost the moment Rollie came into the world, and has just slipped farther and farther away with the birth of Matilda. He knows he is third string.) Rollie thinks this licking is funny and begins laughing hysterically and then opens his mouth wider, sticking out his tongue, so that now Quint is licking Rollie's outstretched tongue. Rollie continues laughing, Quint continues licking, and then I get the giggles, which makes Rollie laugh more and stick the tongue out again and again. This continues for about five joyous minutes.

It's the little things in life that are so pleasurable. Disgusting, really, but pleasurable.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger StephB said...

Nothing quite so pleasurable as licking the dog. HA! : )

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter