Thursday, March 30, 2006

Dogwood Girl Promotes Population Control

I was talking with a friend the other day, and he mentioned that he kept up with what I was doing by reading my blog. He also said that my posts were making him question whether or not he wanted children. I am not sure how serious he was about this, but I would hate to be responsible for a decision of this magnitude.

My God, does my life sound that bad? I hope not. Sure, i like to bitch about every little bit of spilt milk or vomit, but let me state for a fact that i adore my children, my husband, and my life. I have never been as happy as I am now in my 30s, all settled down. My life is better for having Todd, Rollie, and Matilda in it. Much, much better.

5 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Mike Maier said...

Everything you stated in the last paragraph is abundantly evident with even a cursory reading of your thoughtful and entertaining blog. I hope that person doesn't have kids; there are enough crappy, selfish parents in the world.
Mike

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harsh words, i'll leave it at that.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess harris was the one who said the kids thing?

Harris - I'm with you. I love kids, especially Annie's kids but having kids seems a little scary to me at this moment.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Wow, my first argument on my blog comments. Yay!

Okay, seriously, he didn't say it in any mean-spirited way - it was just more of a joke. I just used it as a subject for the blog - it didn't really bother me or insult me or anything. He knows how much i love my kids, and i think he was just commenting on how much work it is and that he isn't ready now, if ever.

If H. decided to have kids he would make a great Dad, and if he decided not to, that would be fine, too, because there is no doubt he is already an awesome uncle.

p.s. Mike, nice to know that if someone WAS dissing me, you'd have my back. :-)

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Mike Maier said...

Anne et. al., ironically my point was sharpened by the very energy draining challenges of parenthood that make one's patience that much shorter (apparently I don't have that much to begin with). On to the next argument!
Cheers,
Mike

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter