Monday, May 22, 2006

It's been a long time, baby.

Since I've posted. I've been at the Lake a lot lately (who could turn down free time on the Lake?) and we don't have internet access there. Yikes.

Anyway, I am really glad to be home, and will start posting more this week. I'm looking forward to it, because there is a lot of stuff rattling around in the old mind lately. Now, if I can just find enough time to write it all down! Seems kids get in the way of things like writing down what one is thinking; Rather, the physical requirements of parenting keep one somewhat imprisoned in her own mind, without the time to give those thoughts an outlet. It can be a lonely island of an existence at times.

Not like Charles, who writes the blog Heartache with Hard Work. He obviously doesn't have children, as he has time enough to listen to and rank every Beatles' song, in order from worst to first. Okay, honestly? Even if I didn't have kids, i don't think i would have the time or energy to do something like this. Pretty impressive undertaking, and well-written.

Oh, and while I'm at it, i should give a shout out to Reese, who is back with ShiftyEye. Yippee! Check him out if you are into reading about living in sin, the experiences of an Atlantan in the Big Apple, what it's like to travel for work, or the occasional commentary on music, politics, or sports. Good stuff from a great guy. . . Welcome back, Harris!

3 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rank an entire band's catalog? What an idea!

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger StephB said...

I've missed your posts. Glad you had fun at the lake, though.

There is a guy who has done a similar thing with Smiths (or is it Morrissey?) songs. I don't find time to do stuff like that - maybe when I'm retired.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Jason, forget it. You don't have time. Or DO you?

Steph, I think The Smiths thing is interesting (I really am not a Morrissey fan. Miss Marr too much.) Would like the link, if you ever come across it. Really, though - i think what is interesting about The Beatles list is the fact that they have almost no songs that suck, and in fact, most of their songs are truly, truly sublime. I wouldnt' know where to start!

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter