Monday, June 19, 2006

So, I got a little bored. I did something a little crazy.

This whole mommy thing has been getting me down of late. Don't get me wrong. I love my kids. I am happy I get to stay at home with them, and read to them, and play with them, and answer their many, many, many questions. But sometimes they just aren't that intellectually stimulating. I mean, right now, we are talking about what freckles are, and Rollie is attempting to count all of the freckles on my arm. I know. You are wishing you could nod your head like a genie and suddenly be sitting in my chair. If only for a moment.

So, when I saw a week ago that Metroblogging Atlanta was accepting new authors, I jumped at the chance to do something new, something different, something not about my kids. So, what is my first post about? Trips to the Atlanta Zoo. With the kids.

But really, this is supposed to be about my city, and so my posts will have to be about Atlanta, not about Rollie and Matilda. That was part of the allure, and part of the challenge. The change and challenge of writing about something other than the all-consuming parenthood. But isn't it fun that I get to look at the city I was born in through the eyes of my children? I think I will be looking at Atlanta, and at my own life with Todd and Tiller and Rolls, a little differently now.

2 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger StephB said...

Good for you! I'll be watching your metroblogging. : )

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger kevin black said...

It's good to see someone with an ability and willingness to post something worth reading join those goons at Metroblogging Atlanta. Some of the stuff on that site of late has had the allure of fragrant dog squeeze, and your first entry was a fresh and welcome change. Lucky you got in when you did. I hear they started letting the crazies in after you got there.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter