Thursday, July 06, 2006

Epiphany

It is strange how I can build someone or something up in my head, so that it almost becomes monstrous, without there being much reason for all of the analysis and dread and dislike. Then, in one short space of time, a fog will lift (or sanity will return) and suddenly i realize with distinct clarity, that all of my fretting was for naught, that the object of my gut-wrenching anxiety was really nothing (William) in the big scheme of things. That it was not a bogeyman, but an insecure child worthy of my pity and goodwill, not my dislike. That the shininess of someone might upon closer inspection be a little rusty, too.

I am sorry i misjudged, but more sorry that I doubted myself.

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger StephB said...

I don't know what/who you are talking about, but I have to agree that people who used to intimidate the heck out of me seem to have just as many "ghosts" as I do.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Yep, strip away the trappings and we all just want to be little kids again. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter