Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Weekend in NC

Had a lovely weekend with the girls in NC. It could have been a little cooler, as it was downright hot on Friday and during the day on Saturday, even in higher elevations. Dana and family were as gracious as ever, and i ate and drank myself into near oblivion. I also slept in on Saturday until 10 am. Unless you are a parent, you will not understand the fucking awesomeness of this.

The best part of the weekend was the company, and next to that? The walking in nature. I miss grass. and leaves. and trees. Haybales. Woods. Horses, cows, dogs, and tractors. Vistas. Sticks and the smell of decaying leaves. The sound of my feet crunching them. All that shit.

Wine is good, too.

Here are the pictures from the trip. I wish I had taken more, but it is honestly quite difficult to wield a digital camera while holding a glass of wine and a fine chocolate.

Honey, Latenight

Laura, latenight


My Morning Coffee

Fields of Honey

When was the last time you rode one of these?

Honey in Woods


Haybales at sunset


The Farm

Prize of absolutely no value goes to first person to correctly identify what I am doing here.

View of Table Rock from the front of the house.

Aunt Honey and Q

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

everybody cut, everybody cut...

- danboo

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

everybody cut...

- danboo

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bah! how humiliating to double post. you know i'm more net savvy than that. i swear, i got this message:

"We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request."

- danboo

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

You could have gotten by with it. I thought you were doing a funny version of that part in the song where they break it down: "Everybody cut, everybody cut. Everybody cut. . ." etc.

I should have known you would get it, as you have surely been a victim of Graham's "action shots."

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger StephB said...

Good reference, anon!

You could be doing the tractor chicken race re-enactment or trying to get your shorts unhung from the seat. That second one was my guess.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Danboo was entirely correct and knows me pretty well.

Speaking of, doesn't someone owe me an email containing a momentous announcement due back in September??? I never heard anything. . . but they don't stay in utero forever. . .

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

indeed, i've been the subject of those shots. appearing to hang from a precipice and the like.

the best was getting graham to do one on a glacier in AK and him getting muddy and wet. classic turnabout.

oops on the email. i'll be sure to chastise all responsible parties.

- danboo

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter