Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween Pictures

Rollie doesn't have school on Tuesday, so costume day was Monday at school. They don't allow anything scary, or weapons or masks, so Rollie's costume was out. Instead, he went as a cowboy. This is Matilda (in her Little Pumpkin outfit) and Rollie before school.

For Halloween, we invited friends Ned, Vanessa, and Scarlett over, and Jackie, er. . . i mean, my sister, Lisa also joined us for the festivities. I made a bigass (Trust me. It's one word.) pot of chicken chili and cornbread. Mostly, we put away some wine and beer, and a tad too much candy. I was a little foggy yesterday.

Tiller and me. She's a fairy and I'm . . well, me, but with some icky makeup on.
Lisa held down the fort while Vanessa, Todd, and I took Scarlett, Tiller, and Rollie out trick or treating in the neighborhood. I was completely surprised with how well everyone took the experience - zero tears, despite it being almost bedtime, and the fact that Rollie had no nap and Tiller was teething.

This is Rollie at the first house, the monks next door.

Rollie taking the steps in stride.

Our little Yoda

Rollie did a great job, walking the whole way, taking the steps in stride (only a few spills), and dealing with a malfunctioning pumpkin handle that dumped his candy all over the street a few times. Todd and I were immensely proud that he sometimes said "thank you" without prompting.

Vanessa and Scarlett (as Raggedy Ann)

A boy and his Daddy

Todd, Rollie, Vanessa, and Scarlett at "The Jackpot House"

Tiller, with wand, which she held onto the entire time we trick or treated. (Which wasn't very long, because Tiller and Scar don't get candy, and there was wine for the mamas back at the house.)

My little Fairy (rear view)

My little fairy, amazingly smiley for past bedtime


Okay, let's take this picture and open more wine.

6 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Dorothy Gould said...

What is halloween about if not the trick or treating for the parents?? Several houses in our neighborhood give out "witch's brew" to the parents, you need something to quench your thirst walking up and down those long driveways! Love the costumes, and am impressed that your 2 kids each had 2 different outfits. I think Rollie would have been the hit of preschool if he had worn his Yoda outfit....but we have the same drill at ours.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger jasonaut said...

so you turned into a teenage goo-goo muck... cruising through the city and roaming the streets, looking for something that is nice to eat??


(I like your classic tshirt. those will be the led zeppelin shirts of the next generation.)

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Dorothy, agreed that Yoda would have been a hit, but one must abide by the rules and let the kids learn to break them without my help. :-)

Ah, witches' brew - must remember that for the future.

Jason, yes, I had to show off the vintage tee. Maybe It has to be 20 years for it to be labeled "vintage." I should have gotten a shot of the back. It reads "Halloween 1988" which kind of dates me, but one of the neighbors said she saw them in 1983! I was very impressed.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Big Mama said...

I don't know what's cuter, Rollie as a cowboy or as yoda. Either way between that and your little fairy, it was pure cuteness.

We had a house on our street handing out adult refreshments and I have to say it made trick or treating much more fun than I remembered.

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww.....they are adorable :-)

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A handsome Yoda he was...

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter