Friday, January 26, 2007

Give it Up, JL.

This morning as I ate my cereal, I flipped on the t.v. I was going to check the weather, because Todd and I are leaving for Orlando on Sunday, and I had seen a snippet of news that said there was a chance of snow Saturday or Sunday night. (I did not see anything about snow.) When I turned on the t.v., it was still on MTV from my fix of Road Rules last night before bed. I left it on, though, because there was a Silversun Pickups video on, and I really like them. (They were #3 on my Best of 2006 list.) I was also a little in shock that MTV still plays videos. Who knew?

Anyway, the video ended and before I changed the channel another came on. It was Jared Leto's band, 30 Seconds to Mars. Now, I had never heard them before, but all of us who were My So-Called Life fans love him to death simply for the fact that he was Jordan Catalano, Angela's crush/makeout partner. I knew he had a band, but frankly, every time I see him outside of the MSCL environment, I am struck by how completely stupid he seems, so I also assumed that the band would suck, too.

I was right. They suck. Their video (some kind of Japanese sword-fighting drama thing) seemed like it would never end, and purty Leto just couldn't pull off the rock star voice, or the ridiculous punk rock, jet-black-hair-with-eyeliner-and-black-leather look.

This got me to thinking: Poor Jared. No matter what he does, he will never be anything but Jordan to us. He was okay in Requiem for a Dream, I guess, but I don't want to see him rock, and I don't want to see him date actresses even more stupid than he is. I want him to lean against the Mustang in his flannel shirt and look sullen. I want him to make out with Angela in the basement while she is supposed to be in Biology. I know for a fact that there are a large number of men out there who enjoy watching the shit get kicked out of him in Fight Club over and over again, or to see him die, die, die in The Thin Red Line. Me? I just want to see what happened after Angela left Brian Krakow and got in the Mustang with Jordan.

I know. Random.

Ran 5.08 miles today. Yes, I have to put the .08, because I ran it, didn't I?

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have fun in Orlando! Is this a Disney World-type trip, or what?

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger StephB said...

5.08? You kick running ass!! As if that were a footnote. That should have been first. You were just fronting with the Jared Leto commentary to have an excuse to write 5.8. : )

That show made me cry everytime I watched. I just hoped that Brian found a nice woman to love who wasn't lusting after beautiful (and silent and sullen) Jordan and loved him back. And, really, same thing for Angela.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Okay, anonymous. You are freaking me out, because I can't figure out which BIL you are. I have my suspicions, but it is just creepy. :-) Todd has a shoot down there, and so I am just tagging along for the ride down and the free room.

Steph, I love ya. Agreed on the MSCL - I still occasionally tivo the reruns on Noggin. Do you know Brett Shell? Brian Krakow IS Brett.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Lyle said...

Easy, it's your favorite brother-in-law.

I didn't want to be creepy, just didn't want the fact that I'm reading to influence what you write.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the JL note- the scary part is that people are taking that band seriously- they were nominated for a VMA for some video that resembled "The Shining," and they sold out almost every venue on their tour last summer...(now, we all know it was just a bunch of girls who want to get an up-close view of Leto, but still). Unfortunately, I don't think they'll be going away as soon as we'd like.

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura is hooked on the L Word...it is there that I saw Brian Krakow. Nice to see a familiar face.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Lyle, I knew it was you all along, but I just wanted to force you out of the shadows. You cannot really influence my writing too much - you know I will say just about anything!

Glad you are reading. You know Lovable Lyle is in my RSS reader, too, don't you? Not that I understand half of what you are talking about on the Ruby posts. :-) I like the pics of the O-Man, though.

Jason, The L Word is on Showtime, right? We don't get that, but might have to netflix it if BK is on it.

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I didn't see an email address....I wanted to let you know that I have taken the liberty to link to you from Georgia On My Mind a blog hub for all Georgia bloggers. http://mymindisongeorgia.blogspot.com

The Georgia Carnival will post next Friday. I'd love for you to submit a post. gamind@mail.com

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We netflixed the first 3 seasons of L word. I believe season 4 just started on showtime.

Brian Krakow is in season 3.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger StephB said...

So, are you saying the Brett Shell was madly pining after an undeserving beauty or that he was tortured and slightly geeky, but really a good guy?

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Um, not sure about his pining. But he was completely tortured, geeky, and totally a great guy. Brett, if you are reading this, I LUV you.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter