Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Go Me

I haven't been running much lately. Up until last week, one or both of the kids had been sick every week since Thanksgiving, which has been fucking awesome, thanks for asking. Anyway, I didn't make it to the gym much, because it pisses me off when other people bring their sick kids to the gym and to school, (and don't even get me started on assholes bringing their sick kids into the well-visit waiting room at the Pediatrician's office) so why should I stoop to their level?

Anyway, that just meant that I didn't quite get much exercise in the last three months. Pretty pitiful, actually, but I made a promise to myself that since we are all better, we will be making it back to the gym regularly. So, today, I only ran 2.5 miles and it sucked. Why does it have to be so sucky to get back into the swing of exercise?

That being said, I have felt great today mentally, and I know it is the exercise. I know it is good for me, that it is good for my mind, and that it makes me a much better parent, wife, and all-around person.

So, i am back on the wagon. Go me.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger StephB said...

Go you! : )

2.5 miles after three months of not exercising is amazing.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I am proud of myself, but amazing it is not. Thanks for saying that, though.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger StephB said...

I think it is amazing. Cheering for you even still.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I did better today. I only ran 2.5, but I walked another almost two. (My knee was hurting.) It is coming back to me though.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger jasonaut said...

Go you! ditto.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Aw, shucks. Y'all are the best support system evers.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter