Saturday, February 03, 2007

Our House

"(fade in music: Our House by Madness)

danboo wears his Sunday best
annie's tired she needs a rest
keith and ray are playing up downstairs

elke's sighing in her sleep
graham's got a date to keep
He can't hang around"

I cannot take credit for this - my smarty pants friend and former roommate, Dan, came across an interesting link in the AJC, prompting him to write the above lyrics. This is a house in Midtown, just blocks away from the big Park. I lived here with Dan and Graham for a lovely year before moving to Denver. There was nothing like the stuff that is on Tenth now: mostly there was Outwrite and Gay institution Blake's. It was pre-kids, pre-marriage, pre-pets, even. I think my sister was still in college! It was a great house, great location, great roommates, but it looked NOTHING like this. Totally wild. Let's put it this way: Graham said he was "flabbergasted" by the picture. For those of you who know Graham, little would "flabbergast" him.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I visited you guys once. I don't seem to remember a baby grand or a columned entry way into your tub!!!!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

We only showed those to the VIPs.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter