Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Note to Self

Next time someone at the church preschool asks you to come help out tomorrow because they might need a few extra hands with both class pictures and the Easter egg hunt occurring on the same day, all somewhere between 9 a.m. and noon?

Run.

You will no doubt end up both running the whole Easter Egg hunt and being in charge of capturing the whole thing on digital. I had to hide eggs for the one year old class, then help them hunt for them, then the two year old class eggs had to be hidden, then the three year olds had to find theirs.

After each group went, we then had to have them turn their baskets in, so that we could distribute the eggs back out evenly. (Neal Boortz would keel over at this "redistribution of wealth" lesson in action.)

You think the animal kingdom is cutthroat? You should see these little things pushing, shoving, and biting - yes, biting - to get a cheap plastic egg with a Peep in it. Human beings, on their basest level, are not pretty.

And the fact that I am leading the Easter egg hunt and I don't even know if I believe in the whole resurrection story? Well, that is just . . . ironic. And so very, very not punk rock.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rollie got the most eggs, right?

And redistributing the eggs? Come on! What kind of life lesson is that? When they grow up, grad. from college and get a job...are salaries REdistributed for DAKOOOOTA so he doesn't get his feelings hurt?

Ugh.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Anne,

I love your blog and read it all the time. How are you guys? I would love to catch up with you. I don't know if you have my current email address but you can comment on my blog (comments aren't posted) and give me yours. I don't want to put my email address on this comment for obvious reasons.

(this is Jenn Harrison - friend of Harris - by the way).

http://jennandmax.blogspot.com

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Lisa, you know what? Dakoooootaaaa never gets old. It makes me laugh every time. I get the giggles like when Adam shows us how to eat the hamburger.

seriously, Rollie kicked all kinds of ass.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

hey, Jenn!! haven't seen you since. . . um, at Northside, the day you took K. home from the hospital??

I will totally check out your blog. Glad you like mine.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger StephB said...

They did that at Annika's party today too!! I almost said, "hey - why are you taking the eggs out of Corinne's basket," but caught myself. It's scary.

We had a cool resurrection cake in Annika's class, though. Will blog about it because it was so cool.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Yeah, Steph. It was really weird. I mean, on the one hand, I was like, what kind of lesson is this? On the other hand, there is this little Indian girl in Rollie's class, and she is so sweet and smart, but SO shy. I love her to death. And she didn't really get the Easter egg hunt concept and only found one egg. And that was because I gave her a "psst!" and showed her one. I guess maybe they can wait for the cutthroat egg hunt in Kindergarten.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter