Monday, March 19, 2007

Cousins, 1977


Cousins, 1977
Originally uploaded by AnnieATL.
This is a picture of me, my sister, and my cousin Adam. That's me in the middle. I used to sit on the arm of that chair and eat dinner off of a t.v. tray watching Battle of the Planets, which was my all-time most beloved show, but I digress.

That was about 1977 - Adam and his brother, Graham, lived across the street from us. (This is GA. A lot of us grew up living across the street from our cousins!) Anyway, Adam and Graham are the closest thing I have ever had to brothers. I know their faults. I love and adore them both.

That was thirty years ago. This is 2007. Adam's wife Jenny gave birth to a baby girl this morning. I feel just like an Aunt. And if that little girl is anywhere as cute as Adam was, I am going to have to have someone to make sure I don't squeeze the baby till her eyes pop out of her head.

Because look at us. We were cute. Good genes.

Congrats, Addy. I can't wait to meet the newest Dunstan addition.

7 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming an Aunt(ie).

 
At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

annie, i have a proposition for you aboout blogging:

vik.jay.singh@gmail.com

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this "proposition" this guy is talking about? Hmm...

Anyway, you look just like the Rolls in that pic! But you know who was really cute? Me. I'm a lil' lionhead!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger jasonaut said...

I have extensive uncle experience and am willing to dispense any advice you need (spoil spoil and spoil, my five year old nephew may visit this weekend!).
And I too watched BOTP. A lot. I bought a dvd collection in San Francisco a couple years ago.
The best is when Zoltar kidnaps Dirty Name 5 and forces them to use their "rock" music as a deadly sound weapon and G-Force has to save the day! Also they named the character Jason after me.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Thanks, Kortez. Been enjoying your site this a.m. Anonymous - Propositions just sound creepy.

Lee lee - I DO look a little like the rolls. interesting. You are a lionhead, but i already blogged about that.

Jason, will you be having nephew to yourself the whole weekend? let me know if you need pointers on the kid-friendly activities. Might need to borrow the BOTP - someday when I have time. And, wasn't Jason the fat one? I think we used to "play" BOTP with the aforementioned cousins, and a few kids that lived in the neighborhood. I want to say that we made Don Farmer's (of CNN and WSB news fame) son Jamie be the fat one, and i think the fat one was Jason. I was of course Princess. Wait. Just realized that the fat one was "Tiny." Clever. I think we also made my sister, the baby, be Keyop.

When we played superheroes, we also gave her the crappiest powers, like "ability to talk to and control plants."

Okay, I just freaked myself out by remembering all of that.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger EHT said...

Wow, it looks like my house. Did every house have a chair like that in the 70s?

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

History teacher - Thanks for the add. I have read some of your blog - great stuff! Kindred spirits, I think.

Concerning the orange chair - it is a thing of the past now. 3 years of college with me finally did it in. Also, I think that the chair was reupholstered with the orange in the late 60s/early 70s, but may have been around longer than that in a different incarnation - I think it might be in pics of my grandmother's house. Something to take a look at.duns

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter