Thursday, June 07, 2007

Deep Thoughts from Middle Georgia

Mostly, I'm thinking: So, the United States is making it their business to police the world, but they can't even keep Paris Hilton in prison for 72 hours. . . .

In other ultra-exciting news: This has been my worst exercise week ever. Between the in-laws and parents and the number of sweets they have lying around, and the being on the road, and the heat of central Alabama and Georgia, and the wine drinking required to weather all of this, I am surprised I managed to get any exercise in. I did seek out the YMCA in fabulous Warner Robins, GA today. It is vastly different from the one I use in Atlanta. Gravel driveway. No air conditioning. Old machines that wobble. No pool. All in one big sheet metal, barn-like building. But hey, i did today's run.

I was supposed to do it yesterday and x-train today, but that didn't happen. Just like Saturday's run didn't happen until Monday, which knocked off both Monday and Wednesday schedules. It would have been easier to catch up if I had been at home, instead of a town that is all four-lane highways with no sidewalks. Okay, actually, when I was leaving the Y today, I took a back way home and found a good long place to run where I won't be roadkill. But jesus. There are no trees out there.

Anyway, today's run was not the best, but I did four miles and then checked out the new Starbucks here in town. I should say, the first and only Starbucks. It was funny to see old Ford pickup trucks with gun racks in the drive-thru.

Will be home tomorrow, as will Todd, so I can stop living on the charity of family.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter