Friday, May 23, 2008

Last of the Palmersistericans

So, after seeing Indy, I stayed up late and watched all of Last of the Mohicans, because it's one of those movies that I could watch over and over again. But one thing always kinda bothers me: Cora's father kicks the bucket in the a.m. when Magua tears his heart out. Nathaniel tells her behind the waterfall. Then, later that afternoon, Alice steps off the cliff to follow Nathaniel's smoking. hot. brother.

So, then, Nathaniel and daddy Indian guy (Bummpo? Can't remember his name. Chingkachook?) go to kill off the bad Huron guys, including evil (easily identified by his pock-marked face, just like that bad guy in Grease the movie) Magua. When they finally dispose of them all, they stand on the rock overlooking the valley and they say all this nice spiritual shit, and then Cora and Natty hug and make googly eyes, and you know what?

If I had seen Leelee go over that cliff after the hot Indian guy, I woulda been scrambling down that rock to see what happened to her, instead of making out with DDLewis.

But that's just me.

Also? I haven't looked it up on IMDB, but you know that scenery ain't NY. That's North Carolina, peeps. They just don't look the same. (Now I have to go see if I am right or not.)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Camille said...

well, thanks for not putting any indy spoilers in this post. it will be another week or so before i get to go see it, so please refrain from those if possible.

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

camille - it was really, really sad when indy died.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

annie - thanks for peeking over the cliff to see how many pieces i am in. also, if hot guy already threw himself over, what is the point in following? just go find next hot guy who is not so emotionally unstable.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

It was really sad when Indy died. Lisa, I'm sorry you cried so hard that you peed yourself right there in the theater.

Lisa, hot guy was thrown over. sister threw herself over in grief and to escape aforementioned pockmarked evil guy.

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever. If I was that grieved I would see if you wanted to go have some beers and listen to Patsy Cline on the jukebox. DD Lewis could come too.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

DDL does not drink the white man's liquor. I do, though.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Nat said...

So . . . when I first read this I thought Indy was maybe a friend of yours dog that you went to visit or something--cause I know how much you heart the puppies.

But now I gotcha . . Indiana Jones.

Okay, going to drink the white man's liquor. Well, no, acutally the Mexican's.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

God bless ya nat! Indy . . a dog! ha!

I love me some Mexican liquor. Have fun.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter