Monday, August 25, 2008

Actual Pictures of Me That I Don't Hate


IMG_0078.jpg
Originally uploaded by Dogwood Girl.
Here is one. There are not many.

I like that I am wearing one of my favorite hats from high school. It makes me sad that I didn't keep my hat collection, although Todd is very thankful that I didn't, and they were great hats, but not worth losing a marriage over. Woulda made a good dressup trunk for Tiller, though. That is Pop, over there on the left. Same old outfit as always; Heavy plaid workshirt (this was obviously Christmas, but he wore the same thing in summer, working in 80 and 90 degree weather) and "dungarees." I just love that word. I love that he still says "dungarees" and "brogans," and "aught" for zero. This is at the old house in Roswell. Check out that bigass tv! And the radio on top. Lisa's pink one from the 80s - there was some serious Flashdance dancing done on the parquet hallway floor to that radio. Lots of Pretty in Pink soundtrack, U2, Depeche Mode, and Violent Femmes played on it too, as I remember. That clock on the mantel is on my mantel now, and i have been meaning to post a little something about how I learned to work an 8-day wound clock. Lost art.

What I like most about this picture is that I look really happy. I think it was Christmas of my Junior or Senior year. Probably senior. I look like I was ready to take on the world. I think i was ready to take on the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter