Friday, October 03, 2008

Todd, Collector

So, just when I think that my very own packrattage cannot get any worse, and that Todd will probably throw me out on my derriere, God sends me this little gem. . . .

When we were selling our house in East Atanta, we put a ton of stuff in storage, just to clean it up and "stage" it so as to sell faster. (Yeah, right!) Anyway, Todd cleaned out the storage yesterday and brought it all home. We went through it, deciding what to keep and what to give away. That's when we found Todd's collection. Now, we have been carting Todd's collection around with us since we moved from the first house in EAV to the second house in EAV, and now on to the latest abode. He started this collection years ago, before we met. It is very dear to his heart, but he never shared it with me until i found it when we were cleaning out the master bedroom on Newton to paint it. Remember, Todd is colorblind and then imagine what a colorblind bachelor might do to his own bedroom, and how a girlfriend or wife might have to correct that upon entering a living arrangement with him. I digress. . .

I found it on an upper shelf of the closet, like a buried treasure, much sought after, a Holy Grail of glass(es). I give to you the Burger King Smurf glasses collection.

Yes, he has kept these since childhood. Because they are so valuable. Here is a picture of the proud collector with a fine item from the treasure trove.

Lazy Smurf. We also have Gargamel, Smurfette, and a host of others. Unfortunately, we do not own all 13.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Editor's Correction: These were Hardee's glasses, not Burger King.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger jasonaut said...

I am jealous. Those glasses are smurf-tastic! I am happy that you appear to be the type of loving parents who will keep and treasure these priceless keepsakes and pass them along for generations, unlike my mean old mom who sold ours at some yard sale for a quarter each. (MY STAR WARS GLASSES MA?! REALLY?!!!)

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

You still talk to your mother, too, don't you? I guess therapy has helped?

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Dear god! Are these really worth a lot? I remember going through the drive-thru at the Buford Highway Hardee's! I am sure these are still in my parents cabinet in Roswell!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

No. They are worth about six bucks for a complete set.

Of course, they are valuable to Todd. He hearts them.

You can drink out of one tomorrow.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Mike Maier said...

6 bucks! C'mon! Think about Tiller on Antiques roadshow in 40 years after all the other Hardees glasses in the world have been carelessly handled and her face lights up at the outrageous price they are finally worth...

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Mike, do you have any idea how much i love the Roadshow? Adoration.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter