Monday, March 06, 2006

Dispatches from Destin; Girls Gone Mild!


I am currently on my yearly vacation with my sister and two girlfriends, or what my brother-in-law terms Girls Gone Mild. An apt title, as we just don't party like we used to. That being said, I woke up this morning with a raging hangover (didn't I learn about 20 years ago NOT TO MIX?!!) and there may be a tequila shortage in Okaloosa County by this weekend.


We arrived yesterday and by sunset, we were walking on the beach, sipping margaritas. We ate dinner in, hit the wine, and watched the Oscars. (You know it does not bode well for your head in the morning when you get up and ask if Reese won Best Actress and Robin looks at you with eyebrows raised and tells you that you saw Reese win the Oscar.) I took it like a trooper this morning, though, and after a delightful pedicure, I came home and we started drinking margaritas again. I felt better almost immediately.

What's really nice: Friends who, when you confess to having done something really embarrassing while drunk, say, "That's not that bad. Forget about it. Don't even worry about it," even when you have done nothing but worry about it up to that point.



1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what's really said is I'm the youngest in the group (that's right, the YOUNGEST), and I drink the least and go to bed the earliest.

That's sad, people.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter