Thursday, October 26, 2006

todd, anne, rollie, tiller


todd, anne, rollie, tiller
Originally uploaded by jasonaut.
An old friend from my Athens days, Jason, and his wife, Allison, recently moved to Atlanta. I was trying to think of how I met Jason, and can't. He says that he lived in the same dorm with my then boyfriend. I don't remember that. I just remember him being a fixture in my life there, always at the same bars and parties, and during a certain period of intense heartbreak and heavy drinking, he often went with me to the Roadhouse or the GA Bar immediately after our last classes. He also drew a really purty crayon drawing of me at the hospital after he sliced through half of my index finger with a pocket knife in a tequila-induced blood pact of friendship. Ah, those were the days.

Jason also takes purty photographs and is currently working on a photography theme having to do with familiarity, friends, old Kodachrome photography, and a green lawn chair. He came over to our place on Saturday and took this picture. Todd and I really dig it, because it kind of captures us better than any other picture we've ever had taken of the four of us. And yes, Dad, that is me drinking a beer and holding the baby in a family portrait. Isn't it lovely?

I should also add that you can check out jason's other pics on Flickr, and his thoughts on Jasonaut, and some videos (funny ones of noogies, cool ones of old Elf Power and Olivia Tremor Control shows) from the old Athens days on YouTube. I have been enjoying them all the last few days.

5 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger jasonaut said...

It's true. I am the best. Thanks for noticing.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Big Mama said...

I love that picture. It's like a little slice of Americana.

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. This is the Todd, Anne, Tiller, and Rollie that I love. Totally you. Nice work, Jason.

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite parts are you and Tiller's simultaneous drinking, and Todd's technically legal, careful lateral to Rollie.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

anne...matt long.

what is UP??
http://flickr.com/photos/memorymotel/
just email Maier. I've had more roswell contact this morning than i've had in the last 10 yrs. thanks, zack~!!!

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter