Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March Madness

I got a wild hair the other day, and I decided to perform an experiment. What happens when a SAHM with no knowledge of college basketball attempts to pick winners for the NCAA tournament? One guess: I know nothing about basketball except how it is played. I don't really follow it, I have never been to a college or pro game, and I have no idea who is good and who isn't. Basically, it is like I am picking random lottery numbers.

It ain't gonna be pretty.

If I did it correctly, I think that you can view my brackets here.

With nods to my brother-in-law the Gator and my favorite UK fan, Jason, I put both their teams in the Final Four. With apologies to Jason, it looks like I am the only person who did put Kentucky in. At times when making my picks, I was like, "Oh, Winthrop has a basketball team?" Where the hell is Winthrop?

I think maybe I don't have a great chance of winning the $10,000 cash prize ESPN is offering to the winner, but maybe the Best Buy gift card for $5,000? Anyway, it will be something to occupy me during March I guess. Not that I will really pay much attention unless I freakishly foretell some wild upsets.

Challenge: Anybody else want to do this with me? It is free. And you have to do it today. I think the thing starts in the next couple of days. If you are interested, let me know. We can set up a pool, like. . . five bucks or something? I think there is a way to add people to groups so they can "play against each other." I am sure all my sports-following friends are laughing their asses off at me right now.

Which is kinda the point.

Labels: , ,

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter