Sunday, June 22, 2008

And It Begins In Earnest

Since Mike felt comfortable enough with himself to post this photo on his blog, I feel confident that he will still be friends with me after I post another of him.


Mike, not sure how I ended up with this, as I don't remember knowing you in middle school, and I am pretty sure this was taken in Savannah. Anyway, love the jams.

This is where I am going to apologize to any and everyone who had the misfortune of being photographed during my middle and high school years. I am up to that album in my scanning project. I have performed a preliminary appraisal of the photos contained therein, and IT IS NOT PRETTY. For any of us. Things are going to be pretty bad for a while. I'm talking Esprit outfits, big hair, bad haircuts, gawkiness, zits, my famous sausage rolls hairstyle, and the worst homecoming and prom dresses in history. (No, Matt and I were never married, but it looked like it in our prom photos.)

Dear God, this will be fun and painful, all at once. Kinda like life in general.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Mike Maier said...

ouch. that is pretty painful. I think i need a moment to gather myself back together.
Okay. All that built character, right?
I do remember distinctly John Sabol and Tommy Sudderth and myself on that trip unlocking the hotel door between rooms to some popular girls' room (STacy Pickerell?) and somehow ending up with makeup on. Details are blurry as they should be. There was also the kid on the bus who did the great imitation of the train at Hartsfield's robotic voice. And John and I synching our walkmans to listen to 5150 at the same time.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I just remember being homesick and feeling left out during that trip. Just like Huntsville. And DC. And pretty much all of middle school.

Anyway, hope you are not mad about the pic - too good not to post.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Nat said...

That was a fun trip. I thought that was maybe me and Carrie in the back ground but I don't think so now. I don't think my hair was that curly or short.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

I think one of those people in the background looks like Christy Brock. And maybe Shannon Alexander.

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to go with (from L to R) Shannon Alexander, Christy Brock, and Candace Clark.  Not sure about the girl nearest Mike - maybe Amanda somebody.Let's see.  Savannah memories.  The kazoo-like whistles that everyone bought.  Me opening and slamming my hotel room door in between yelling "Moovin'...yeah, Groovin'...yeah"  I believe that is from Eddie Murphy - Delirious or Raw.  One of the teachers came running in our room to yell at us (can't remember the roomates - maybe Mark Funderburke) while I hid in the shower. Needless to say, someone else took the fall.  Someone told Chris O'Connor that I made fun of his glacier glasses and he wanted to fight me.  Listening to Howard Jones and Bryan Adams songs with Michelle McLaughlin, Layli Miller and Gaden Hill on the bus.  I believe I was "going" with Gaden during that trip.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Dogwood Girl said...

Jason, you do have a freakish memory. Glad everyone else had so much fun in middle school.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Camille said...

this is all entirely too funny. i don't know why, but i can't remember anything about the savannah trip, even though i know i went. i think i was friends with sheila moore at the time. that picture of mike is hysterical.

 

Post a Comment

Tell me 'bout it, Stud. . .

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter